Help Emily & Scott make it to Colombia!
Top Travel Blog
By the Numbers
Last Seen: Bogota, Colombia
Total Mileage: 6,125 by bike; 801 hitching
Days Traveling: 547
Top Speed: 44 mph
Highest Mileage (per day): 81
Least Mileage (per day): .4
Greatest Elevation Gain (per day): 6540 feet - Espinazo del Diablo
Highest Altitude: 12,070 feet - Paso de Cortés
Total Flat Tires: 24 for Scott, 7 for Emily
Sequential Days without Yerba Mate: a desperate 28
Sequential Days with Snow: 6
Sequential Days off the Bike: 45
Earliest Time in Bed: 6:32 pm
Lowest Temperature: 4 Degrees F
Highest Temperature: we don't even want to know
Consecutive Days without a Shower: 15
Most Tortillas Eaten (in 24 hours): 38
Scott: Silence on the Mountain: Stories of Terror, Betrayal, and Forgetting in Guatemala
- Sheila on “You know what really grinds my gears?” Part 2
- Heather on “You know what really grinds my gears?” Part 2
- “You know what really grinds my gears?” Part 2 | We Go Slow on Cooking on the Witch’s Stove
- Georgianne Gregg on “You know what really grinds my gears?” Part 1
- Erin on “You know what really grinds my gears?” Part 1
Photo sites include:
- The small Aztec Tepozteco, near Tepoztlán, Morelos.
- The legendary Teotihuacán near México D.F., whose founders remain unknown
- The Zapotec capital at Monte Albán, near Oaxaca
- The post-classis Mayan site at Mixco, Viejo, north of Guatemala City.
- The gigantic city of Copán, occupied by the Maya for some 2,000 years.